Tex Mex Chili Bake
2 tsp EVOO
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 minced garlic clove
1/2 pound lean beef
1.5 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 (4oz.) can diced green chilies (I used fire roasted!)
1 (15oz.) can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 (14oz) can tomatoes (I used stewed tomatoes with garlic)
1 Tbsp tomato paste
3 corn tortillas
2/3 cup reduced fat Mexican shredded cheese
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add beef, cumin, chili powder and cook until beef is no longer pink.
3. Stir in chilies, beans, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray. Lay 1 tortilla on the bottom. Spoon half the beef mixture on top. Put 2 tortilla on top followed by the rest of the beef mixture. Place remaining tortilla on top and load on the cheese!! Sprinkle cilantro around edges if using.
5. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until hot (& cheese melted). Cut into wedges.
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
1.5 pounds of Asparagus spears (washed and trimmed)
2 tsp EVOO
Salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Toss Asparagus spears with EVOO, salt and pepper.
3. Spread evenly into a single layer on a flat baking sheet. Roast for 10-11 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan right before serving.