Thursday, August 4, 2011

Guess what I did last weekend?

I apologize for not writing in a long time but as some of you know I have been nursing my husband back to health.
It all started about a week ago where things progressed quickly from a cough into severe abdominal pain, nausea and fever. On Sunday around 4am we both knew that something wasn't right. After talking to an on call Clinic Doctor at Kaiser in San Rafael he instructed us to come in immediately. After a quick consult they admitted Matt and did a number of labs and a chest x-ray. The ultimate diagnosis was bronchitis mixed with the flu and an infection. After spending about 10 hours of him being given 3 IV bags of fluids (due to severe dehydration), 1 bag of antibiotics and a syringe full of pain medication they discharged us. I felt so bad for my husband and am so happy that he is feeling MUCH better. So a lesson to everyone is; if your symptoms progress over a span of a few days call your Doctor and get advice. Don't just let it go! It is so important to stay hydrated and if you can't keep food or fluids down for a few days, most likely you're going to be dehydrated! I am so glad my sick husband is more like himself and that he is getting much needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment